Despite PostgreSQL is not as known nor as used as MySQL, it has MANY advantages:
- Referential Integrity: MySQL's default engine (MyIsam) does NOT support any kind of referential integrity, which could lead to corruption and inconsistencies in DB.
- On the other hand, the other MySQL's engine which does support referential integrity (InnoDB) is very much slow. In my case, only to create a table with a referenced FOREIGN KEY to another table takes ~1 second! And cascade deleting/checking/updating also takes much more time then postgre takes.
- Extended Data Types: With PostgreSQL you don't have only a few data types like you have in MySQL. With PostgreSQL you have, cidr (for IP addresses), money, and other data types, as well as user defined data types.
- Prepared Statements: As stated in my previous post, MySQL had support for prepare statements, but you couldn't not give a name to them (unless you use my class, or code it by yourself), but with PostgreSQL, you can even give natively a string name! (even inside client).
- Performance: In my case, with my databases, and googling a bit, you can see that PostgreSQL has much better overall performance than MySQL.
Sbobet 1xbet korean domain kongbet-1xbet-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus-bonus
Sbobet · 1xbet korean · 1xbet korean · 1xbet 1xbet korean ミスティーノ · 1xbet korean · 1xbet korean · 1xbet korean · dafabet link 1xbet korean · 1xbet korean.
Post a Comment